Saturday, January 01, 2005

Don't Promise (When You Can't Keep It)

You asked me whether
could I skipped the shows
so that I could be there to talk to you
I skipped the shows just to talk to you,
but you were busy with someone else

You promised me that
you would be there for the next day,
at a particular time...
I waited for you but you didn't turn up
You turned up hours later

Before you left for vacation,
you made a promise to me that
on the 31st December you would
greet me a Happy New Year
I waited, but it didn't happen

I don't know what to say now
as you have disappointed me
Should you ever make a promise to me,
should I accept it?
No, I can't...
Don't make any promises to me
for I won't accept them


For Tieme Willems

© Copyright 2005 Otwen&Smashy Production Co. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home