Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Game of Chess.

Thinking carefully of where to place my pawn,
I looked into the eyes of destiny.
I tried to see what my future beholds as
I made my next move to place it where
I would take her bishop away.

In her land of the desert, I could see her pawns,
carefully she slides her pawn that ate one of my rooks.
I feared to lose my only knight, and yet my queen did not move
as I saw how she tipped off my pawn.

Quickly, I tried to save my pieces and seized to use my knight.
In honour, I know my knight will guard the king who did not move a step.
I saw in the eyes of destiny that she couldn’t make a move.
She looked surprised and moved her pawn.
Ah, I was too eager to make the move and place my queen over her pawn.

She knew well that I would make that move,
which had turned out to be my one very mistake.
It led to my doom as I was besieged.
I failed to protect my knight of all pieces.
I lost him in my hands of mistakes.
There, the game ended as the board turned to dust.
I looked at her as she was me.
It turned out that I was playing against my destiny.

© Copyright 2006 Otwen&Smashy Production Co. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home