Thursday, January 06, 2005

Fooled Again (Last Poem)

Never say that you love me
You had me fooled
You're not at fault as
it was me to be blamed

I couldn't breathe
when you told me the news
I cried but somehow I knew
this was coming just that
I don't know when it will be

Please don't say that
you love me 'cause
it truly hurts me completely
I couldn't sleep well
last night and
I wonder why there was
this pain in my chest

I'm strong, I know that
and I know my traits
are better than yours...
I will brave it up and fear not
as I still see you as my friend
No one is my enemy
no one deserves to be...

So what if I'm so far away?
I will be there some day
just that you will not know
From this, I had learnt a lot of lesson
not just from you but from others too

I got to learn not to make promises
as we all know most of them break
I got to learn not to trust my heart
as my mind is the one to guide
I got to learn how to hate what I fear
and I fear this will happen,
so now I'm closing my heart
just for a period of time...

When will it open?
I do not know but some day it will
when my mind tells me that I'm ready...


For Joost van den Berg

© Copyright 2004 Otwen&Smashy Production Co. All rights reserved.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home