Monday, January 10, 2005

You're Not There

(I know I had sort of stopped writing poems but I just felt like doing another...)

The summer sun shines down on me
And I’m wishing, wishing
that you could be there by my side…
Sitting here all alone,

waiting for you to come by
but somehow I woke and
realised that I had been
dreaming all this while

You had broken my heart years back ago…
Telling me that you had found someone
somehow I tried to get away from it
Tried to run away,
running away from my fears
Don’t want to turn back no more

There is no turning back
You took away that part of
happiness from me…
what is there for me now?
I’m all alone, all alone…

With the sun shining down on me…

For Joost van den Berg


© Copyright 2004 Otwen&Smashy Production Co. All rights reserved.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home